Sunday, February 15, 2009

The cabinet case!


Well for anyone who has ever been in our home you will remember the very large display case we have had in the entry hall. It has been a great place for Kent to display some of his cameras but as we continue our remodel it needed to go for a couple of reasons. #1 we are going to replace the flooring so it had to be moved out of the entry hall. #2 It is just time to get a better looking case. This one I got for $25 from Sears in downtown Renton about 16 years ago. We were closing the old Renton store and moving to Southcenter and this case was available for the taking so I took it! We put a listing up on Craigs list for free and got 4 calls on it. The first guy that wanted it couldn't get a hold of a truck to pick it up but another guy who runs a Junk Hauling business wanted it (he gets things and re-sells them) I didn't really care as long as someone took it. But while the Junk guy was here he asked if we had anything else. I told him I had a coffee table and he said he wanted it. Michael and Rachael had already taken one sofa and love seat and the end table so I was thrilled to get rid of the coffee table. Then I asked the guy if he wanted video tapes. He said yes so we must have given him 200+ video tapes that I had gotten from Thrift Books. All of this being said................ It's nice to get rid of some of the stuff and to be making progress on the house. Later on today or tomorrow I will post pictures of some of the electrical work that Kent has done.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Congrats on getting rid of things. Glad we could do our part to help :) And thank you for letting me crash and use your internet. I'm proud to say we finally got internet again today, yay!