Sunday, June 27, 2010

1st full day of vacation in NYC

Yesterday I met Kent and Erik at the Penn Station in NY and we easily made it to our Hotel up on the upper West side of Central Park. I had checked into the hotel earlier in the day so I knew exactly how to get to the hotel via the subway. So this morning we took the subway over to the NY Museum of Natural History. If any of you know Kent and cameras it will not surprise you to know that I downloaded his pictures to my computer he had taken around 225 pictures for just today! I'm saving each of you from the pain and I have just put a few of them on the blog.They had so many cool exhibits in the museum. There were 4 floors of exhibits to look at. We took a short 1 hour tour of the museum to give us the highlights and then we walked around for another 3 or so hours. After the museum we went over to Central Park. If you recognize this bridge it was used in the movie Enchanted. It was really beautiful there but it was pretty warm today and very humid. This fountain was also in Enchanted. It was used during the finale of their big musical number. Tomorrow we are going to the Statue of Liberty at 12:00 P.M. Of course we got tickets for around the hottest time of the day and it's going to be 93 degrees with more humidty. I guess we will see how we do.
Throughout Central Park you can find these large rocks that have marks on them from where glaciers came through. I guess they had "global warming" long before we were around. LOL

No comments: