Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I remember when

Well maybe I don't really remember this far back! Think about how much you are paying for gas right now. It seems like no big deal to go to the gas station again, actually it's kinda enjoyable. Well Safeway has this promotion that you get "gas pump rewards" for spending money at their store (we apparently spend a lot). So last week we decided to use our $1.00 per gallon off of gas and fill up Laif's truck, which we use a lot :), and my car. We only paid 78.9 cents per gallon and we bought 28 gallons (you can buy up to 35 gallons) We were feeling pretty good about this purchase. So a couple of days later I took my mom to the store and I looked at her receipt and she had $1.30 per gallon off. I have no idea how she got that much of a discount, I guess she spends more money than me at Safeway. Any how, the credit is going to expire on 12/31/08 so I really wanted to use that credit. We took Donna's big car down and Kent's car and put in 20 gallons and we only paid $8.78 cents! That was only 43.9 cents gallon. Unbelievable! We laughed all the way home.

No comments: